Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Day with the In-Laws....

Today was a day spent with my husband's parents who are in town from PA for a quick visit. We had a nice low-key lunch followed (hours later thankfully) by a yummy dinner of grilled salmon at our house. I wasn't entirely sure what to wear this morning given the heat index and the "company" I was about to be keeping, so instead of doing the usual quick sundress, I put a little more thought into it and went with a combo deal.....
...and some well worn flip flops that I picked up at Target. I love the tribal feel the beads add to the basic flat sandals.
The skirt is from Anthropologie - a bright palette of corals, blues, pinks, and purples paired with a basic white tank top. When wearing such a loud pattern it's very important to go simple on all accompanying pieces....otherwise the look can be too "busy" and can be overkill.
As for accessories, I really do enjoy a good ol' fashioned STACK ATTACK.... Mixing textures is key to making a very sweet look into something that is stylized and fun. Here I took a rose gold link bracelet from J. Crew, two leather (braided and plain) wraps from H&M, and a preppy navy/yellow gold bangle from Sequin. Stacking these unexpected pieces together creates a unique and edgy look, while maintaining the feminine and flirty design of the Anthropologie skirt and crisp white tank. What are your favorite kinds of bracelets and would you attempt to wear a bunch of different ones together for a new, interesting look? xoxo kiki



2 comments:

Waggles said...

I love a good stack attack too!

Tiff For Tat said...

As always you look gorgeous! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOT MAMA!! Love you!