Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fave Things: Three New Ways to Tie a Scarf

if you have been following lillian alice for awhile you know the love affair I have with scarves. and the company Ruche. when I came across this video a couple months ago I immediately put it on the "to post" list! alas...here it is! I like all three scarf ties, but #1 and #3 are my faves! both are super easy and can be done with all the scarves you have in your closet - big to little, wool to silk, and everything in between.....
 I could literally buy a thousand scarves and still find more that I love. every place I travel to I bring one home as a reminder....and my friends have caught on. my friend Marissa bought me one when she traveled to Paris last. whenever I wear it part of me feels like I am window shopping on the Champs Elysee. what gives you that feeling? if not scarves, what?

 I would love to see all of these tied just like the video shows....
1. (left to right) Wild Flower Leopard for $15.99 - Ruche does it again with this soft pallet and contrast of animal print and floral. the colors are uncomplicated and lovely.
2. Tolani "feather" Silk scarf - this brand continues to amaze me, their prints are simply fabulous. who wouldn't want to feel like a peacock showing that pop of color? $85.00 retail
3.Farmer's Market scarf for $16.99 - this is another Ruche fave, love the price, love the print!

I surprised myself on this one guys! my style doesn't typically lend itself to Lilly Pulitzer (although the name Lily makes me happy), but when I saw these scarves I found myself picking my jaw up off the floor. it's not that I don't respect the brand and the mission of making every day feel like one spent on Palm Beach, but sometimes the saturation of color and print is overwhelming. not this time, folks. Lilly nailed it with the Murfee Scarves. all of the above have a price tag of $118.00, but qualify it by the soft mixture of cashmere and silk, infused with the perfect amount of Palm Beach salt air and sun!  check them out here and make one your own!

xoxo,
kiki

1 comments:

Tiff For Tat said...

Scarves are definitely your trademark KIKI! I really like that peacock feather one and that one by lily on the far left. GORG colors!